(member of the Laboratory of Applied and inTeractIve Computing - LATICe)
The Computer Music Laboratory (CML) aims through its educational, research and development activities at:
- the production of knowledge and innovative research in the broad field of computer music
- the original artistic creation of electroacoustic music and computer assisted musical composition
- the design and implementation of music technology systems and applications
The educational activities of CML focus on the fields of: Sound Synthesis, Sound Morphology and Sound Design, Music Communication Protocols and Digital Music Instruments, Multimedia Applications and Multimedia Installations, Computer Programming, Music Theory and Music Notation.
The principal research interests of the laboratory are in the areas of:
- Networked Music Performance
- Music Information Retrieval
- Computational Musicology
- Electroacoustic Music Composition
- Interactive Systems and Sound Installations
- Soundscapes and Acoustic Ecology
Moreover, the CML can provide services related to music technology systems.