A graduate has the required knowledge to fully develop (design, install, maintain and support) IT and telecommunications systems. The curriculum of studies is designed to meet the needs of today's market, and also enable graduates to cope the best possible wayand to have the flexibility to face new challenges within the rapidly evolving information and telecommunication technology. They can active be professionally inthe field of software and anything that is related to:
• analyzing the IT needs of a company (or organization)
• developing reliable software
• installing software on computer systems
• the preparation of specifications and small scale IT systems and the development of such systems
• applying technical quality control and security of Information Systems
• assessing the effectiveness and cost of software development.
Graduates may be employedin the public and private sector, however they can create their own development and software maintenance business. In the Telecommunications industry they may be employed as:
• analysts and designers of telecommunication systems and networks
• engineers in the telecommunications industry regarding issues covering analogue transmission and digital signals via electrical or optical channels.
The graduate is also familiar with telecommunications regulations and standards, as well as design and software for telecommunications systems. Graduates are prepared for direct recruitment by companies that use public and private telecommunications systems or sell products or services for telecommunications functions. In the field of Multimedia they may be employed as:
• developers of software applications and multimedia management information e.g. image , audio , video, interactive communication
• Multimedia experts
Graduates may also be employed in jobs that deal with specific developmentrelated applications in the private and public sector, in companies producing telecommunication applications, service companies and online advertising companies. A graduate may also be employed by TEI as a Laboratory Associate or Technical Staff, as well as in the IEK and Secondary Education as a science teacher. Furthermore, there are graduates working as team members in research laboratories, as well as others that attend or have attended courses towards an M.Sc. or doctoral degree atUniversities in Greece or abroad.