This course aims to provide an introduction to designing embedded systems using modern CAD tools and technology for building embedded Systems-on-Chip. These include hardware and software co-design, development of an integrated system, and operating system concepts for embedded systems.
- Embedded system architectures, CPUs, DSPs, SoCs
- Modelling, Software for embedded systems, programming for embedded systems
- Real-time embedded systems, timers, events, interrupts
- Real-time Operating systems, Middleware,scheduling, operations, programming
- Implementing Embedded Systems: Hardware/Software Co-design
- Embedded systems on FPGA
- MicroBlaze, PowerPC architectures and peripherals, hardware and software approach
- Peripherals and system development on FPGA
- Hardware/Software Codesign
W. Wolf, ``Computers as Components: Principles of Embedded Computing Systems Design'', Morgan Kaufman Publisher, 2001, ISBN 1-55860-541- X (case), ISBN 1-55860-693-9 (paper).
F. Vahid & T. Givargis, “Embedded System Design”, J. Wiley & Sons, 2002
Peter Marwedel, ``Embedded System Design'', Kluwer Academic Publisher, 2003.
Qing Li and Carolyn Yao, “Real-Time Concepts for Embedded Systems”, ISBN:1578201241