The course focuses on system software development under Linux, also targeting embedded development platforms, such as Xilinx Zedboard, Odroid XU4 or Dragonboard 410c. We consider different topics, starting from open source (gnu-based) linux software development and assorted tools, libraries, assembly/linking (ARM, Intel) and SSE instructions, systems programming, system drivers, basic OS services (context switching, garbage collection, scheduling), RTOS, and code profiling and power/performance tracing methodology and tools.
Bibliography (mostly in English)
- Eclass for papers & links - http://eclass.teicrete.gr
- Online code and explanations (related to above topics,
- Open source code and user/ref manuals, e.g. for Xilinx Zedboard, tools
- Research publications from Journals and Conferences
- Books, e.g. from Tanenbaum, Rago and Stevens