The theoretical part comprises the two modules that follows:
- the first part covers in a very brief approach the basic principles of classical Automatic Control Systems.
- The second part is devoted to Industrial Automation Systems, focusing especially on industrial informatics and networking technologies, sensor networks, Machine2Machine and Internet of Things.
The laboratorial part includes practical projects on the following issues:
- programming of PLC Logo-Siemens with the software LogoSoft Comfort-Siemens.
- programming with SIMATIC STEP 7
- Programming in Arduino IDE
- programming for Lego Mindstorms
- programming and set up of wireless sensor networks
Recommended Reading/ Textbooks
- Process Control Instrumentation Technology, C. D. Johnson, Prentice Hall, (2002), ISBN: 0130602485.
- Industrial Control Electronics Devices, Systems, & Applications 3D Edition, Terry Bartlet, Delmar Delmar Thomson Learning, ISBN: 9781401862923
- Fundamentals of Process Control Theory, P. W. Murrill, ISA, (2000), ISBN: 155617683X.
- Introduction to Programmable Logic Controllers, G. Dunning, Delmar Thomson Learning, (2002), ISBN: 0766817709.
- Lecture Notes
- Technical Manuals: SIEMENS, ADVANTECH, NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS