Επίκουρος Καθηγητής Τομέα Ηλεκτρονικής
Erasmus Academic Ambassador
Taught Modules (for 2017-18)
- Applied Electromagnetism
- Physics for Electronic Engineers
- Electronics II
- Laser Technology & Applications
- Electrical Circuits II
- An Introduction to Optoelectronics (in collaboration with Prof. M. Tatarakis)
- Applied Electromagnetism (theory in English – spring semester)
- An Introduction to Optoelectronics (theory in English – fall & spring semester)
- An Introduction to Quantum Mechanics (MSc module in PLAPA MSc course)
- An Introduction to Laser Physics (MSc module in PLAPA MSc course)
- An Introduction to Laser Physics (MSC module in OREA MSC course)
- Journal Club (MSC module in MSc course)
Administration Duties (for 2017 - 18)
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Erasmus Weeks hosted by the Department the last three years / Responsible for the Photonics & Education Sections
- Academic coordinator of the Erasmus plus ΚΑ2 Knowledge Alliances project DESTINY
- Academic coordinator of the Erasmus plus KA2 Knowledge Alliances “Beyond Silicon Era”
- Substitution National representative in the COST Action MP1307 - Stable Next-Generation Photovoltaics
- Substitution National representative in the COST Action MP1406 - Multiscale in modelling and validation for solar photovoltaics (MultiscaleSolar)
- Academic Coordinator of the Erasmus Plus Capacity Building Project entitled “Innovative Photonics Education in Nanotechnology” (2017 – 19)
- Member of various committees in the Department of Electronic Engineering of TEI of Crete
Dr Konstantinos Petridis received his Bachelor in 1996 from the Department of Physics of the University of Crete, Greece. He received his MSc in Optoelectronics and Laser Devices from the University of St-Andrews in 1996. In 1998 he joined the Nonlinear Optics Group of the University of St-Andrews in Scotland, UK as a research student. In 2001 he awarded his PhD. The title of his thesis is "External Cavity Diode Lasers as a Pump Source for Continuous Wave Optical Parametric Oscillators". Dr Konstantinos Petridis in 2003 he joined, as post-doctoral researcher, the Non-Linear Optics Group of Professor Ebrahimzadeh in The Institute of Photonic Sciences in Barcelona, Spain. In 2004 he joined the Department of Electronics of TEI of Crete as a contract assistant professor and as a researcher in the Optoelectronics, Lasers and Nonlinear Optics Research Group of TEI of Crete. In 2008 he got a tenure position as a lecturer in the Department of Electronics of TEI of Crete. Since 2012 is a member of the Nanomaterials & Organic Electronics Research group of TEI of Crete. In 2013 he promoted to tenure assistant professor in the Department of Electronic Engineering of TEI of Crete. Dr Petridis since 2004 he has organized and taught 6 theoretical modules (taught in Greek and in English) and taught 6 laboratory modules. Dr Petridis since 2011 is the Erasmus academic coordinator of the Department of Electronic Engineering of TEI of Crete. Dr Petridis research interests involve Organic BHJ Photovoltaics, Graphene based materials for Organic Photovoltaics, CW laser systems & technology, CW OPOs, SHG laser configurations, laser process of graphene and its derivatives, laser production & decoration of 2D materials, laser induced forward transfer (LIFT), laser patterning and modern educational methods in HEIs. He has 21 journal publications and 75 conference publications and presentations. His research work has received 376 citations (December 2017). He is journal reviewer in (1) Applied Physics Letters, (2) Applied Physics B, (3) Optical Materials, (4) Applied Physics A, (5) Thin Solid Films, (6) Surface Science, (7) Optics Letters.
He has coordinated 6 Erasmus projects and he actively participated as a teacher, manager, sub-coordinator in another 5 Erasmus projects. He has participated as a researcher in 12 national & international research programs..
As a member of the Nanomaterials and organic electronics research group of TEI of Crete my recent research activities include:
- Pulsed laser processing of graphene and graphene derivatives thin films and electronic devices
- Pulsed laser production of nanoparticles
- Pulsed laser decoration of 2D materials (GO, BN, MoS2) with metal nanoparticles
- Transparent and Conductive Electrodes for Organic Photovoltaics
- Pulse laser sintering of ZnO, In2O3 oxide films
- Inverted Planar Peorvskite Solar Cells & their stability issues
- Laser Printing (in collaboration with Technical University of Athens)
- Gas Sensing (in collaboration with IESL – FORTH)
- Laser Patterning (in collaboration with IESL-FORTH)
- Massive Online Courses & Modern Educational Methods in Higher Education
- K. Petridis, G. Kakavelakis, M.M. Stylianakis and E. Kymakis, “Graphene based inverted planar perovskite solar cells: Advancements, fundamental challenges and prospects”, Chemistry - and Asian Journal (impact factor: 4.083), Accepted, 2018.
- G. Kakavelakis, E. Gagaoudakis, K. Petridis, V. Petromichelaki, V. Binas, G. Kiriakidis, and E. Kymakis, “A solution processed CH3NH3PbI3-xClx perovskite based self-powered ozone sensing element operated at room temperature”, ACS Sensors, Accepted, 2018.
- G. Kakavelakis, C. Petridis, and E. Kymakis, “Recent advances in plasmonic metal and rare earth element upconversion nanoparticles doped perovskite solar cells”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A (impact factor: 8.9), 5, 21604 – 21624, 2017.
- M. Sygletou, C. Petridis, E. Kymakis and E. Stratakis, “Advanced Photonic Processes for Photovoltaic and Energy Storage Systems”, Advanced Materials (impact factor: 18.96), 29, 39, 1700335, 2017.
- M. Stylianakis, D. Konios, C. Petridis, G. Kakavelakis, E. Stratakis and E. Kymakis, “Ternary solution processed organic solar cells incorporating 2D materials”, 2D Materials (impact factor: 9.6), 4, 042005, 2017.
- C. Petridis, K. Savva, E. Kymakis and E. Stratakis, “Laser Generated Nanoparticles based photovoltaics”, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science (impact factor: 3.368), 1, 489, 28-37, 2017.
- C. Petridis, E. Kymakis and E. Stratakis, “Photonic Processes for Energy Production”, DOI: 10.1109/MCSI.2016.012, 2017.
- C. Petridis, D. Konios, MM Stylianakis, G. Kakavelakis, M. Sygletou, K. Savva, P. Tzourmpakis, M. Krassas, Naoum Vaenas, E. Stratakis and E. Kymakis, “Solution processed reduced graphene oxide electrodes for organic photovoltaics”, Issue 5, Nanoscale Horizons (impact factor is under pending), 2016.
- D. Konios, G. Kakavelakis, C. Petridis, K. Savva, E.Stratakis, E. Kymakis, “Highly Efficient organic photovoltaics utilizing work function tuned graphene oxide derivatives as the anode and cathode charge extraction layers”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A (impact factor: 8.262), 4, 1612-1623, 2016 – Citations Received: 5.
- Sygletou M., Tzourmpakis P., Petridis C., Konios D., Fotakis C., Kymakis E., Stratakis E., "Laser induced assembly of plasmonic nanoparticles on two-dimensional nanosheets for organic photovoltaics", Journal of Materials Chemistry A (impact factor: 8.262), 4, 1020-1027, 2016 – Citations Received: 4.
- L. Syngellou, G. Viskadouros, C. Petridis, E. Kymakis, C. Galiotis, D. Tasis, E. Stratakis, “Effect of the reduction process on the field emission performance of reduced graphene oxide cathodes”, RSC Advances (impact factor 3.708), 5, 53604-5361, 2015.
- Konios D., Petridis C., Kakavelakis G., Sygletou M., Savva K., Kymakis M., Stratakis M.,”Reduced Graphene Oxide Micromesh Electrodes for large area, flexible photovoltaic devices”, Advanced Functional Materials (impact factor 11.382), 25, 15, 2213-2221 [Appeared in the inside front cover of Adv. Funct. Mater], Citations received: 41.
- Savva K., Y. Lin, C. Petridis, T.D. Anthopoulos, E. Kymakis and E. Stratakis, “In-situ Photo-Induced Chemical Doping of Solution-Processed Graphene Oxide for Electronic Applications”, Journal of Materials Chemistry C (impact factor 6.101), Manuscript ID TC-ART-02-2014-000404.R1, 2014.
- Stratakis E., Savva K., Konios D., Petridis C., Kymakis E., “Improving the efficiency of organic photovoltaics by tuning the work function of grapheme oxide hole transporting layers”, Nanoscale (impact factor: 6.23), DOI: 10.1039/C4NR01539H, 2014.
- E. Kymakis, C. Petridis, T.D. Anthopoulos, E. Stratakis, “Laser Assisted Reduction of Graphene Oxide in Flexible, Large Area Optoelectronics”, invited review paper in IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics (impact factor: 4.078), 20 (1), art. no. 6573325, 2014.
- C. Petridis, K. Savva, Y. Lin, G. Eda, E. Kymakis, T.D. Anthopoulos, E. Stratakis, “Post – Fabrication in situ laser reduction of graphene oxide devices”, Applied Physics Letters (impact factor: 3.974), vol. 102, pp.093115, 2013.
- A Skoulakis, GC Androulakis, EL Clark, SM Hassan, P Lee, J Chatzakis, M Bakarezos, V Dimitriou, C Petridis, NA Papadogiannis, M Tatarakis, “A Portable Pulsed Neutron Generator”, International Journal of Modern Physics: Conference Series, vol. 27, 2014.
- J Chatzakis, SM Hassan, EL Clark, C Petridis, P Lee, M Tatarakis, "High repetition rate pseudospark trigger generator", Review of Scientific Instruments (impact factor: 1.336), 79 (8), 2008. – Citations received: 3.
- SM Hassan, EL Clark, C Petridis, GC Androulakis, J Chatzakis, P Lee, N. Papadogiannis and M. Tatarakis, “Filamentary structure of current sheath in miniature plasma focus", IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, 39 (11), 2432-2433, 2011.
- C. Petridis, I. Linsday, D. Stothard, and M. Ebrahimzadeh, “Mode – hop free tuning over 80 GHz of an extended cavity diode laser without antireflection coating”, Review of Scientific Instruments (impact factor: 1.336), vol. 72, pp. 3811-3815, 2001.
- I. Linsday, C. Petridis, M.H. Dunn and M. Ebrahimzadeh, “Continuous wave pumped enhanced singly resonant optical parametric oscillator by an extended cavity diode laser”, Applied Physics Letters (impact factor: 3.974), vol. 78, pp. 871 – 873, Feb. 2001.
- M.M. Stylianakis, D. Konios, C. Petridis and E. Kymakis, “Solution Processed Graphene Based Transparent Conductive Electrodes as ideal ITO Alternatives for Organic Solar Cells” in GRAPHENE Materials, ISBN 978-953-51-3142-7, Print ISBN 978-953-51-3141-0, 238 pages, InTech Publisher, DOI:10.5772/intehopen.686679, 2017.
Conference Publications for 2017
- Oral Presentation in IKY Erasmus Info Day, 9 December 2017, Athens, Greece.
- Oral Presentation in International Summit on Stability of Organic and Perovskite Solar Cells, 18 – 20 October 2017, Malta, “Solution Perovskite Solar Cells incorporated metal Nanoparticles & 2D Materials demonstrating higher stability under illumination ambient conditions".
- Poster Presentation in Graphene Week 2017, 25-29 September 2017, Athens, Greece, “Direct Laser Transfer and laser reduction for chemical sensors and organic electronics applications”.
- Oral Presentation in EUROMAT 2017, 17-22 September 2017, Thessaloniki, Greece, “Direct Laser Transfer and laser reduction for chemical sensors and organic electronics applications”.
- Oral Presentation in ERACON 2017, Maribor, Slovenia, 10-12 May 2017, “How to Connect Market Needs With Offered Standard Curriculum Online Modules: The Case of the DESTINY Project”.
- Invited Talk in NanoTechnology 2017, Thessaloniki, 1-8 July 2017, (http://www.nanotexnology.com/index.php/2017-invited-speakers-home)
- Oral Presentation in EMRS, 22-26 May 2017, Strasburg, France, “Solution Processed Reduced Graphene Oxide Micro-mesh Electrode decorated with metal nano-particles for OPVs”.
Τμήμα Ηλεκτρονικών Μηχανικών ΤΕΙ Κρήτης
Κέντρο παιδείας, έρευνας, ανάπτυξης και καινοτομίας του τεχνολογικού τομέα της ανώτατης εκπαίδευσης στα Χανιά, για τις τηλεπικοινωνίες, τα ηλεκτρονικά, τους αυτοματισμούς, τα laser, τα δίκτυα, τους υπολογιστές, την πληροφορική, τη βιοϊατρική τεχνολογία και τα αμυντικά συστήματα.
Αιτήσεις συμμετοχής στον 3ο κύκλο του Προγράμματος Μεταπτυχιακών Σπουδών "Ηλεκτρονικά Συστήματα Τηλεπικοινωνιών & Αυτοματισμών" έως 26-2-2018.
Τμήμα Ηλεκτρονικών Μηχανικών ΤΕΙ Κρήτης
Σχολή Εφαρμοσμένων Επιστημών
Ρωμανού 3, ΤΕΙ, Χαλέπα, 73133 Χανιά
Fax: 28210 23003